Eventually it was total annihilation. The monoliths were able to grab the head and continue to inflict severe punishment on my lone remaining troops. The plague marines, troopers 'til the end, were the last men standing.
Things I'd do differently:
1) Hit those monoliths with my destroyer weapons so I'm not crippled by them at the end of the game.
2) Get some distance between me and the Nids. Once they were on top of me, it was ugly.
3) Maybe more long range weapons. Raptors were a poor choice for this battle.
4) My opponent suggested not to make it so easy to deepstrike behind the warhound and under his shields. Under 12" and I've lost my 2 void shiled advantage.
5) Research the Nids and Necrons a bit more.
All in all an amazing game played against a formidable opponent with a spectacular explosion. Who could complain?
Scratchbuilding and painting:
Warhound's Necrotic Companions
Fellios the Fallen and cohorts
Scratchbuilt Greater Daemon
Team game battle reports
Heretics of the Broken Dawn 2 x2
Lady Pestilence’s' 1st Outing
Regular Battle reports
Making Don’s BA sweat
First time facing pure Necrons
Christmas with the Greenskins
Don’s IG on a new board
Nurgle Annihilated by Blood Angels
1st time versus Tarkand
Mexican standoff: 2nd Game vs. Tarkand
Nurgle Downs the Sisters
Faceoff with the Lions of Achaea on a brand new board
Tight match against Corbeau’s Nids
The death of Pedro Kantor
Apocalypse battle reports
La Chute de Dominus Org (Fr.)
Fall of Dominus Org (Eng.)
The betrayal of Fellios and the fall of Engel Sarg
Chester’s first outing and first time going Nuclear!
Chester gets schooled by the Eldar!
NERFed Battle with the Tau
Easter Egg hunt
Super Heavy Scrum
1st Spearhead Match
A tenuous alliance
Chaos Ludik 2011!
Storms Cityfight Tournament: part 2
Storms Cityfight Tournament: part 1
’Ard Boyz Practice Match against Valkom’s IG
Gorillapod tripod test with remote
Warhammer in a nutshell